Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Can I get a hallelujah?


Way cooler temps today. In the 60s so far. Supposed to be high in the 70s. Dark out. Wow.


I haven't found any good photos, but we had an amazing lightning storm last night. It didn't really strike downward as much as crossed the night sky, filling it up with electricity. This is the closest I've found so far posted on Facebook by a friend:


We got a wee bit of pea-sized hail from it; we got some rain but not enough. The ground really really needs more. 

I watched the Manhunt: Unabomber last night. It was actually very good.


I'm glad I watched the two hour premiere. Six more one-hour episodes over the next six weeks.  Yay! On the commercials I flipped channels and came across a replay of the 2012 Olympic Games opening in London. That one set a very high bar for me. I thought it was magnificent so it was nice to catch some moments from it.

Nothing on TV for me tonight. Steve has shooting. I'll probably meditate, hang with the boys, and read.



Currently reading THE SPYMASTER'S LADY by Joanna Bourne. 1st of 6 in Spymaster series set during Napoleonic wars.


She's braved battlefields. She's stolen dispatches from under the noses of heads of state. She's played the worldly courtesan, the naive virgin, the refined British lady, even a Gypsy boy. But Annique Villiers, the elusive spy known as the Fox Cub, has finally met the one man she can't outwit.
Published 2008; 386 pages. It looks very like a romance series yet I learned of the most recent book through a mystery newsletter. I compare it to Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation series which I really enjoyed.

Have a fabulous day


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: